October 23, 2019
Has the upkeep of your home become too much to handle? Are you now an empty-nester? Or are you just ready for a change of scenery? As you enter a new stage of life, it may be time for a new home and neighborhood. If you’re still active and don’t need special care, an active adult community might be just what you’re looking for.
What is an active adult community?
An active adult community is a real estate development that offers independent, relatively maintenance-free living to residents over the age of 55. Unlike a retirement community, many residents continue to work full or part-time. Additionally, active adult communities do not offer assistance with daily living activities, such as meals, medication, housekeeping and personal care. Children and/or grandchildren are usually welcomed, as well. Essentially, active adult communities are designed to offer adults in similar stages of life a community where they can enjoy amenities, social events, and leisure activities.
What are the benefits of living in an active adult community?
When living in an active adult community, you can:
- Make new friends: With residency limited to those 55 and older, you will be surrounded by like-minded adults who likely share similar interests and pastimes. Plus, there will be plenty of peace and quiet.
- Pursue an active lifestyle: The amenities and activities these communities offer are designed to encourage residents to remain physically and mentally active.
- Enjoy everyday conveniences: Many active adult communities are nearby, sometimes even within walking distance of shops, restaurants, theaters, churches, medical facilities and more.
- Revel in low-maintenance living: The custom homes in active adult communities enable you to maintain your independence without having to worry about yard work and exterior upkeep of the home.
- Cherish a sense of community: Studies show that opportunities to engage and build relationships with others contribute to a person’s well-being and quality of life.
Which community is right for me?
If you’re considering moving into an active adult community, it’s important to find one that’s right for you. You’re not just house shopping but seeking a certain community and lifestyle. After all, the amenities and services offered can vary widely from one community to another. Consider the amenities, activities, and conveniences that you value most.
Signature Homes understands that you’re looking for more than a custom home. That’s why we focus on building communities. We have a passion for creating communities where people enjoy their lives, grow their families and build lasting relationships.
The good life awaits you at Abingdon
Abingdon at Lake Wilborn is the premier active-adult 55+ community in the Hoover area. As the area’s first active-adult community, it is set within a master plan with resort-style amenities, including a 124-acre park along the Cahaba River with canoe launches, 73 acres of outdoor hiking and biking trails, a 21-acre lake, a 5,000 square foot wellness center with zero-entry pool, an AstroTurf wiffle ball field, pickleball court, and numerous green spaces. Contact us to learn more about the good life that awaits you at Abingdon.
About Signature Homes
At Signature Homes, we know that home is more than just the place where you lay your head. Together, we’ll build your dream home in your dream community. For the past 20 years, we’ve been helping homebuyers build not just their homes, but their lives. Want to experience the Signature Homes difference for yourself? Call 888-339-6051 to schedule a visit to one of our communities in Birmingham or Nashville today.